[alfa] Re: ebay 164 chips

Obie,
those chips are all copied. I think they are all copies of the Ricambi chip.
One person buys one, makes some copies and turns around and competes with the
person that sold him the chip in the first place. Chips are inexpensive, so
it's all profit. I can't blame them for doing it, but the ricambi chip is
garbage to begin with.

Here is the prognosis on the Ricambi chip:

What have these guys done.

Mixture not changed at all.
Ignition depending on load 5 to 3 degrees earlier. Not
very bad but without any dyno testing.
BUT, Full load ignition has not been changed at all.
So each gain in bhp is a lie.
Rev limiter slightly higher but only one of 2 to do.
<

Karl
'91 164L
'95 164LS