Re: [alfa] gtwe6 weird elec'l, continued

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:39:54 EDT DWMARTIN@domain.elided wrote:
> Capacitors hold an electric charge - exactly their function w.r.t the operation of the alternator I do not know.

in a context where you have a DC voltage that is fluctuating, capacitors
are commonly used to "smooth" out the the voltage; they store a charge when
the voltage is high and discharge it when the voltage is low.

the application with respect to an alternator (which does not have smooth
output) should be obvious.

richard