[alfa] re: rear suspension bottoming out

The rear springs can rust & break beneath the rubber wrapper, causing sagging--my right rear was in 3 pieces when I pulled it out.  The manual says pull the shocks out through the access plates on the back firewall behind the rear carpet but you can loosen them from inside the trunk and get them out through the bottom if the springs are out.  I cut off the rubber sleeves from the replacement springs to avoid water collecting in the future.  Make sure your springs aren't broken.
dan in kc.