[alfa] Twin Spark engine bottom end

Jim Steck and Twin Spark enthusiasts all over the world, this is not a
pressing concern of mine nor should I probably be looking for
weaknesses, but a friend mentioned the TS's bottom end is nowhere as
strong as the older / original Alfa block / crank.

Not sure where he got his information. His comment was something like,
"Because of the superior breathing and combustion characteristics of the
TS, it is possible to get a great deal of power from the engine. However
the bottom end then becomes the weak point.

Knowing virtually nothing about the TS, I'm certainly not trying to
knock it, nor discourage anyone from installing one. In fact, I've
always thought it would be the ultimate engine 'swap' for a Series 1
thru 4 Spider. For the Series 2 thru 4 owners and assuming a
programmable EFI is installed, one should be able to pass smog as long
as they keep the car (not to mention having more poop). Jim, I notice
you mention the GTV as a likely candidate for one of your turbocharged
TS's. (Tin vs canvas, does it matter?).

Every engine has an eventual weak point, just wondering if the TS's is
in fact the bottom end.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA