[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #865 Lotus Elise

Digesti,

It's a quiet evening after an autocross, and I can't resist this response:

I acknowledge the mechanical excellence of the Elise, and others of this
ilk, but, am I the only one that is repulsed by the wretched Saturday
morning cartoon styling of these things?.

Additional memorable comments: as Bob Lutz was quoted before he defected to
GM: "the styling of some new cars appear to have been scared by angry
kitchen appliances". Road & Track's response a few years ago to a new
Pontiac: "would a mature person ever drive one of these cars".

Some new cars appear to be styled to look like a combination of Saturday
morning cartoon, Angry kitchen appliance, and early 1940's Diesel railroad
locomotive.

Alfa content: the 1960's GTA looked like a real car.

Flame away....

George Schweikle