RE: [alfa] DIY Rear Brakes on Milano? How hard? Special tools?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Peter Webb wrote:

>  The two
> of you together might make the job easier.  And he could put that money he'd
> spend on labour toward more new parts while he has things disassembled.

Wish I could. He's in MN, I'm in TX.

> > Finally, what's the right tire size for this car? And what's a good
> > all-weather tire (including snow and rain) for the Milano? This will be
> > his daily driver, not a garage queen.
>
> I'm not starting the "best tire" debate again.   Proper size is 195/60-14 or
> 195/55-15 depending on which wheels you have.  If you have the 15" phone
> dials dump them.   They're probably already bent.  Go with a 15x7 wheel and
> a 205/50-15.

"Right tire size" referred to "proper" not "best". These cars came with a
certain tire size from the factory, and that's what he wants to put on.

Here's a pic of the car, http://www.netio.org/~greg/alfa3.jpg. Are these
the phone dials your talking about probably being bent?

Anyway, thanks for all the information, I'll pass it along to him.

Greg