[alfa] Re: After-market Catalytic Converter for 1991 Spider

Hi Tom, Karl and Erik

Many thanks for the info and help . I had originally gone to
http://www.discountconverter.com/ and looked at the info. The AR1204 is
designed for the series 3 Spider that ran through until 1990. For some
reason every cat manufacturer (there are only 3 or 4 major manufacturers)
seems to think that the series 3 went through to 1991. The series 4 changed
to a single in, dual out design that is not commonly available. Would a
series 3 cat work on a series 3 - I don't know.
There is one universal cat on the http://www.discountconverter.com/ site
that might work - its the 8010, but its a big cat and may not fit. It also
has a larger inlet (2 1/2 in) and outlets (2 in) than needed. It, or others
like it made by other manufacturers, is my backup plan.

As an FYI my research so far reveals that the major manufacturers are:
Perfection (a division of Walker) has # 93111 - a universal fit cat for
$62. Its on the PartsAmerica site.
Magnaflow (a division of Car Sound) has #94007 - another universal fit cat.
You can get the Car Sound version for $100 from
http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/carunconwita.html or the Magnaflow version
for $80 from
http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigexhaust/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/1102.htm.
Is there any difference - who knows??
Random - nothing close, as best I can tell. They couldn't help when I
called them.
CSC - available from that well known and highly respected Digest member
Andy Kress (who has helped me a lot) at http://www.performatek.com/

Regards

Simon

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The information contained in this message may be private and confidential, and may also be subject to the work product doctrine. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.