Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 12:14 AM 10/7/2003, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:38:16 -0400
From: "Douglas R. and Julia R. Harris" <dharris@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Second call for help:  Juddering Spider

Can someone help? . . . Anyone?  Please.

My post from last Friday:

    Last weekend I had my Spider out.  A neighbor sat in it and checked
it out.  He pulled the emergency brake up a few inches too keep from
rolling while he stirred the 'box.  I didn't really make a note of it.
My dash brake light doesn't work, so when I later took it for a 50-mile
jaunt, I failed to notice that the brake was partially applied.  It felt
no different when I drove it.  I smacked myself on the forehead -- V8
style -- when I noticed the brake handle up . . . just as I got home.
    Today, when I drove it, I noticed a disturbing juddering feeling
when I applied the brakes lightly at a low speed -- kinda like driving
over two or three sets of railroad tracks.  Most troubling is that the
feeling remains a few seconds even after I take my foot off the pedal.
    Did I bake my rotors?  Cook my pads?  Glaze my doughnuts?  Yes, I am
feeling pretty dumb.

Doug
Richmond, Virginia  (We survived Isabel!)
77 Spider (named Isabella . . . really)