[alfa] After-market Catalytic Converter for 1991 Spider

Greetings

My 1991 series 4 (Motronic) Spider has miserably failed the Mass, hydrocarbon emissions test as I detailed in a previous post. Testing everything that was suggested by the excellent Alfisti who responded has not found a failure. Specifically the O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor and the throttle position sensor were all working. I am forced to agree with Eric who suggested the cat did not have 9 lives and is now officially dead.

To uphold the cheap Alfisti role, I don't want to spend $500 on a direct fit cat, when seemingly functional weld-in units are readily available for $80-150.

If someone has I'd be really grateful to hear of the source and model number of the cat they used, and all the problems they had with installation.

Many thanks
Simon
91 Spider

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The information contained in this message may be private and confidential, and may also be subject to the work product doctrine. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. --