[alfa] 105/115 starter interchange

The starter on my '72 GTV motor has died and I'm searching for another one to use while the original one is being rebuilt.  Problem is, early 2 liter starters are fairly rare.  The other starters in my parts cache are a 3-bolt 1600 starter (won't work; the pinion has the wrong number of teeth) and one from a late '70s-early '80s spider.  The spider starter is bigger and heavier than the original one, but the pinion has the same number of teeth (9).  I suppose it's the 1.1 HP type, but I'm not certain.

The question is whether this later starter will work on an early 2 liter motor.  I have heard that the ring gears may have different numbers of teeth, but I don't know this for certain.  However, I have used the reduction gear starter from a late model spider on an early 2 liter engine without any problem.  I have also heard that the heavy 1.1 HP starter can break the bellhousing if it's installed without a special bracket, which I don't have.

Thanks for your advice--
Dana