[alfa] Non-Fwrapping Spider

"Zach.
With Archimedes it was a screw, not a bolt.

Guy"

True Guy, but today it was a bolt I thought I'd screwed.

In case anyone wants to know, the timing chain is now snug up and no longer throwing a fine dust of aluminium down into my sump. No more noise. Engine is purring nicely now. I have to thank Stan and Bruce for hitting the right answer for me. Turns out I misplaced the shim when I took the tensioner out to get the head machined.

Also, I've been keeping the RPM's way down. I never hit more than 12,000 now, and the flywheel rarely explodes any more. Thanks to Bruce and everyone else for helping me with that.

zach
Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough and I will strip that screw.