[alfa] 115 GTV throttle lever (and choke)

Does anyone know whether European throttle and choke levers can be easily adapted to a US (Spica) dash?
My '74 GTV now has Webers, and the P.O. added one of those black plastic pull choke knobs through the dash just to the left of the glovebox. In my slow efforts to restore to car to a more original condition and glory (while keeping the Webers), I wonder if I could remove the Throttle pull lever (left of steering wheel) and replace it with the smaller pair of levers (throttle and choke) from a carbureted European car? Anyone ever done this? It just bothers me to have this clearly unoriginal knob protruding from my dash, and when I replace it or get it recovered, I want it to go away. Another alternative is to just not have a choke, I guess. I very rarely use it (car is not driven in winter) - what's general opinion on the usefulness of choke on 40DCOE Webers?

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 GTV 2000
'91 164 L