[alfa] Veglia oil sender

I've had trouble getting my Veglia oil pressure gauge to work on my '67
Giulia Super.  I've tried a couple of sending units all of which were said
to be the correct one-but aren't.  The last was from Centerline and I had
explained the problem -they assured me that the sender was for the Veglia
gauge.  Apparently, most gauges are by Jaeger. When you pull the one wire to
the gauge off, the gauge goes to zero. If you apply a hot wire to the gauge,
it pegs at the top of the scale.  This gauge, however, is opposite.  When
you pull the wire off, the gauge pegs at the top of the scale.  When you put
a hot wire to the gauge, it goes to zero.
Are all Veglia gauges built this way-opposite of usual?  Would anyone know
where I can get a proper sending unit?  Or is there any solution other than
replacing the gauge with a Jaeger?  Are other Supers (or other Alfas) of
this vintage set up the same way?  Curiously, Veglia now makes the senders
for Jaeger gauges, so most vendors sell you the wrong one when you order a
Veglia sender.  My 1971 Giulia 1300 Super has Jaeger gauges that have the
more typical set up, so Alfa must have made a change in the middle of the
production run.
Timothy
'55 Chevrolet BelAir
'67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super