[alfa] Roll barred, so now I won't die!

Instead I'll just get permanent brain damage should I choose to flip my car. O well, I just wanted to share with the world what a wonderful thing the roll bar from IAP is. And what a horrible thing. Wonderful and horrible. Both. Anyway...
It definitely makes the car look better and it is obviously well designed, doesn't interfere with the top or the rear window at all. But it comes scratched (IAP dood: "they come scratched, but that's normal"). My family was in catalog retail for five years and I know how hard it is to ship stuff without breaking (NEVER ship a computer monitor UPS) but it may help if you PUT THE ROLL BAR IN A BOX. Instead it was just wrapped in bubble wrap taped to the bar, so by the time I got it there were holes in the wrap, the two support pieces had rubbed through and scratched the main bar, and the feet had all freed and messed up themselves. It's not a horrible thing, but I'd like to have the opportunity to deface it myself first. Oh, and the instructions were in Swahili. I think. I don't do the African dialect thing, so I'm not really sure. Anyway, I'm gonna supplement the instructions on my website as soon as I have a break (work and school full time and all...). I'll also write up the install of the Alpine speakers in the oh-so-rare original Alfa labeled speaker grilles. And the install of the Sparco/Sabelt Clubman harnesses that just came today.

Oh, and Biba - I got the joke, and I would love to be bamboozled into that car (I admired it some time ago on your site) but I can't even afford brakes for the Intestine at the moment, so I must just dream. Unless you are willing to trade for some gum and a hotel sized bottle of shampoo. I'm flexible on this, I also have some shower caps and a Gideon Bible. If you really twist my arm, I'll throw in a NASCAR Jello mold, but it has sentimental value (my girlfriend gave it to me) so I'll have to do a bit of soul searching. Let's talk.

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (can't hear the engine above the grinding brakes, but it seems to be running pretty well)