RE: [alfa] Which Spirax?

Don,

I'm using HD 80W-90 in both the transmission and the diff.

Kevin
86 Spider

http://www.shell-lubricants.com/products/products.php?c=3

which lists 3 types of Spirax! And each of them are available in 2
different weights!  Perhaps this confusion is why some have received
different results than others, while all are using "Spirax".

My question is:  Which one do I want:

Shell Spirax HD 80W-90
Shell Spirax HD 85W-140
Shell Spirax EW 75W-90
Shell Spirax EW 80W-140
Shell Spirax S 75W-90
Shell Spirax S 80W-140

I'm guessing the HD 80W-90, but anyone have a more definitive answer?
And if this is for my tranny, should I be using the same thing in my
diff? There's even a mysterious reference to a Spirax LS for use in
limited-slip diffs on the specs page for the HD Spirax....  I couldn't
find this LS version anywhere else on their page.

thanks for the help,
Don Banfield

Don Banfield					Senior Research
Associate