[alfa] Re:Heat shields

Hi, All;  May I suggest stainless steel rather than aluminum for the heat
shield material? For "stove steel" to protect the interiors of our boats
from diesel heater exhaust stacks, we use fairly thin SS, either brushed
finish or polished, with the ends crimped around to hold a flexible
fiberlass paperlike insulation that looks a lot like the old Asbestos
that came stock. I'm sure your local sheet metal shop could make
something pretty nice if they had your old unit to use as a pattern.
Cheers-         Pat Hood, Seattle         '78 Spider         '74
Berlina (being  parted out)         '74 Berlina (already parted out...see
Ebay or contact me off-list if you need sommat.)