[alfa] The best of the bunch!

As a car guy in my late 40's who has owned a succession of old VW's,
Porches, Volvo's Saabs and now finally falling hopelessly in love with
Alfas, I cannot say enough good things about APE,  including Mike, Larry
Jr. and Larry Sr. I will defend these guys to the death! I do not work
too far from APE, so I wander over sometimes for a long lunch hour and
it is cheap amusement to watch the "Larry and Larry Show."

A recent trip to APE with a problematic brake master cylinder yielded
not just a replacement MC, but Larry Jr. took pity on me (as I am brake
system challenged) and he installed and bled the MC on the spot for me
so I could drive home safely. All this while he actually EXPLAINED step
by step what he was doing. When I asked if I could pay him for his
labor, he said "you can't afford me!" - (and he was right.) Some good
red wine as a thank you followed later.

Over my last year being a neophyte Alfa owner, (I now own three of the
Italian stallions), these guys have spent many hours collectively giving
me free advice, selling me assorted little and big parts, and letting me
be a pain in the ass. They are truly the best group of car wrecking nuts
I have ever met.

I have learned from both talking with them, watching other customers
interact with them and the verbal and non-verbal cues that go back and
forth. Price and customer service at APE is definitely subject to change
with customer's attitude when dealing with APE. Their prices are fair
and they are being good to the Alfa public. Do NOT screw with them and
they will treat you right.  They have one phone line and one fax and get
dozens and dozens of calls a day. (Sometimes they need a reminder or
two.) They ship parts all over the US, to Europe, South Aftrica, Mexico,
Israel, Japan, Australia, you name it. (They estimate that approx. 4% of
ALL ALFAS sold in the US have come through APE in the last 20 years or
so. )

So, to close, fellow digesters, let's encourage this place to keep going
and growing. No whiners allowed.

Michael Pordes
87 Milano Gold (daily driver)
87 Milano Verde