From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
dsedon@domain.elided
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 12:50 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] 164 oil pan removal - more questions

hi all,

i got the half-shaft off, to remove that last pan bolt, & now the oil
pan is free.  the motor mounts are all released on the right (front)
side of the motor, the motor is jacked up as far as it will go, the
exhaust is off, but the pan still won't come off - it won't clear the
oil pump.   and, ya cannot access all the cap-screws which hold the pump
to the block.   :<(  is it time to tow it to the shop, or am i still
missing something?  any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

doug s., typing w/paper towels on my fingers...