Re: [alfa] Re: Berlina trailing arm bushings questions

I really like poly bushings. In my experience they are as good or better than the OEM bushings in every respect. They certainly are easier to install, and I have faith that they will last longer.

I have bushings from several suppliers, all seem to be of equal high quality. The deciding factor tends to be who has what you need. In the States, AlfaBill (http://www.alfabill.com) and Performatek (http://www.performatek.com) are good suppliers to deal with (both are active digest members.) I'm happily using bushings from both sources. I think I got some SuperPro bushings from AlfaBill a while ago, but I think he stocks only Powerflex now. Performatek is actively developing their own line-up and has a wider array of options. For transaxle cars his poly deDion bush is the way to go. I can't wait till he has the poly sway bar bushes ready.

Either way (OEM or Poly) fresh bushings all around really transform the feel of an aging car.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org

NortonMarg@domain.elided wrote:

It's time to renew the trailing arm bushings and I have a couple of questions. The car is a bit of a hot rod, and I'm wondering if I should be going for the poly bushings or sticking with stock. I've also heard of batches of bushings (of both types) that don't last very long at all. Who makes the best ones and where can I get them? I had some from Australia highly recommended, "Super Pro" by Fulcrum Suspension. How do these rate and are they locally (in the US) available? Any