Re: [alfa] SPICA Fuel System

Jason Hagen writes, "I have a 30 year old SPICA pump on my '73 Spider.
Still works perfect.  Car
runs great.  OK, so the cold start solenoid went out and I now need to pull
the pump to replace it, ..."

You don't necessarily need to pull the pump to replace the cold start
solenoid. If the mechanism the solenoid activates is sticking, which you can
see by removing the rear side plate, then you need to pull the pump. If it's
just the solenoid, which it probably isn't then that's easy enough so a
idiot like me can handle it. I would suggest anyone doing some of their own
maintenance and diagnostic work get Wes Ingram's "Manual for Alfa Romeo
SPICA fuel Injection." You can contact Wes Ingram at <wing@domain.elided>. The
book will probably tell you more than you ever wanted to know but it also
covers all the basics for maintenance. A must have for anyone not fortunate
enough to be close enough to bother Wes in person, and if you are that close
it's well worth the price just to not embarrass yourself.

Emmo - 72 GTV