[alfa] Amber backlights for Radio/etc

Generally, the LCD color is a function of the color of the backlight.  If
you have a green display and want an amber one, replace the green
backlights with amber ones!  Most (>90%) of car radios/indicator displays
are of the transmissive LCD type whereby what you see displayed is merely
the backlight being allowed to pass through the LCD glass.

On a 164LS / Q CLimate control, I had a guy that wanted amber -- (Amber is
slightly more 'readable' in daylight than green).  Take out the module,
remove the three incandescent lamps on the back, take off the green slips
that cover the bulbs, (leave 'em bare) and replace. You now have amber
display. Same for the odometer display.

Most radios have a similar arrangement. If you are capable, open it  up
and see what the backlight is! You can buy lots of colors of LED's these
days if its an LED backlight, you can paint glass bulbs in most any color
except black (well, you can paint it I suppose!)

bob