Re: [alfa] "Microsoft" Virus??

Apologies for non Alfa, but I have just received a moderately sophisticated
email purporting to be from Microsoft and claiming to have a "cumulative
patch". It all looked quite convincing, but the Microsoft logos and
programming/graphics were not quite right..but they were good enough to fool
the unwary. There was also an attachment which I did not open. I strongly
suspect its a Virus so urge everyone to be on the lookout for it and to delete
it without opening the attachment.

It was a virus.

The safe rule is: don't open mail from unknown senders (especially if
there is garbage in the subject line).

Nicky