[alfa] re: 164 oil pan removal?

doug writes:

<snipping much bad news>
>  and, i cannot remove those 8mm capscrews from the driveshaft, to
(hopefully?) get
>  more access room.  any tricks here, as well?

doug,

so sorry to read about the 164 pan. ouch.

I haven't worked on a 164 before, only ridden in one (thanks, AlfaBill!).
But, if I understand your capscrew situation -- to remove the capscrews, try
inserting a hex-wrench-in-a-socket and brace the handle (breaker bar) against
something stout on the car frame. Then, rotate the road wheel to loosen the
screws. Lots of leverage using that wheel.

This assumes you have the car off the ground and the wrench fits the space
and the wheels are still on the car and someone is around to help steady
things
as the wheel is turned and the wrench is braced the correct way and a few
other things ...

this worked for the rear Alfetta capscrews and on my old Jetta front
suspension.

Tom
Seattle
6310123