[alfa] Alfa Guiletta 101/750 engine number question

In #816 Tony Caira asks: "My car is a 101 body, but I always believed a
750 engine as it has a front
mounted fuel pump. Now I am being told that some 101's had the front
mounted fuel pump!! Surely not??? Also that there was something called
the 'long version'. This is all news to me after 8 years of ownership..

"Well my engine number is AR1315 45472

"Please could someone cast some definitive light on what kind of engine
my car has?"

******

Tony, my sympathies on the passing of your wife.

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions. First, you left out a digit
on the motor number. Secondly, your car is a Normale, not a Veloce (how
many carbs?). It would be very helpful if you gave the chassis number
and rechecked the motor number. I'm also guessing your car is one of the
(probably 1959) 750 / 101 transition cars. It would not be unusual for
it to have left the factory with a 101 chassis and a 750 engine - but
please give us both complete numbers to verify.

While you don't say if your car is a Sprint or a Spider, it appears as
if it is the latter since the 101 Spider is longer (very relative) than
the 750 Spider body.

If you do have the car on eBay, it would be good to correct any possible
mistakes before the car receives any bids.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA