Re: [alfa] Clutch Replacement

>Second question concerns a recommendation made by the late-Pat Braden in
his
>Alfa Owner's Bible.  Pat wrote that to replace the clutch, one should
remove
>the engine and gearbox as a unit form the car.

I recently witnessed a clutch replacement by removing the transmission
from below and leaving the engine in the car. This was done on a lift.
Pat Braden could be referring to someone doing it without a lift and
then renting an engine hoist might be easier? Don't know, but the trans
sure can come off without the engine in GTVs.

Stefano
Oakland, CA