[alfa] Spider heater not hot

Hello all:
I checked the archives, and didn't really find anything, so I'll just come
right out and say it:  I have a very small seep at the head gasket of my 92
Spider, and just this past Sunday put a can of the Prestone equivalent of
Bars Stop Leak in the cooling system. I am not a fan of additives, but a
very reputable Alfa mechanic recommended Bars--maybe my problem was the fact
that I used the Prestone version? Anyway, I followed the directions on the
can, running it until it got to full operating temp, heat on, and then
idling with the heat on for 10 or so minutes.  No problem.  Leak gone.  Car
runs fine, coolant ok, car gets to proper operating temp, heat worked, etc.
However, Monday morning when I drove to work in the Spider, my heater barely
works. I am assuming that the gunk has clogged the heater radiator. Putting
aside my feelings of stupidity for actively breaking my car, what should I
try before I spend another $1000 on labor to remove, clean out and reinstall
the heater core? Coolant flush? Thanks.