[alfa] Re: Removing Broken Engine-to-Transmission Stud?

Not sure if this would work for this application, but I saw stubborn exhaust
manifold bolts on a Merkur and a Suzuki Katana (both with socket head bolts)
loosen right up with this little trick. Get a candle and light it. Drip some
of
the wax around the head of the stubborn bolt. Blow out the candle and
wait for the liquid wax to cool. The stubborn fastener should come right off.
Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest. In the case of a recessed
stud, I would imagine that you would have to attach something to it to be
able to put some sort of force on it (as mentioned below). Anyway, perhaps
this will be useful here or for some other project.

-Josh
'71 1750 Berlina
'72 2000 Berlina
'84 GTV6