werde t/a whine (was: [alfa] Two steps forward, one step back)

hey mark,

be nice - *i* used to own that t/a!!!  :>)  re: the whine, does it increase or decrease in intensity during turns?  ie: if it gets quieter in a left hand turn, then the right side rear wheel bearings are toast.  the left hand turn will load 'em up & make 'em quieter...

enjoy - that was the 1st alfa i ever owned...

doug s.
<<<...The bad:  ...When I changed the gearbox lube, I found a lot of magnetic goo stuck to  the drain plug.   On the road the whine is most noticable in 4th or 5th gear on-throttle...  off-throttle the whine mostly goes away.

Am I correct in guessing this whine/howl is from the crown & pinion
gears?...>>>