[alfa] Alfetta instrument and Alfetta GT in general

As Italian I can affirm I don't like the instruments' layout as fitted on
the Alfetta GT and Alfetta GTV (pre 1980); and I remember many customers
(and also motor magazines) criticism about this solution then, in fact,
abandoned in the 1980 new GTV line. Anyway, as visibile in the UK market
brochures (for example the special editions' GTS and GTV/SE) the instruments
are not all together, of course, but position in the opposite than in
Italian (and USA) market with tachometer in centre of the dash and
speedometer in front of driver. I suppose it was because the italian
solution was all except than useful and ready to understand. Don't forget,
anyway, Alfetta GT was a true innovation about the body line, and so also
should be for the interior design. A four seats hatchback designed sport car
by Alfa Romeo was truly something opposite to the usual Alfa tradition, and
who of you has the Alfetta and Alfetta GT books from "Nada Editore" also
know the abandoned solutions about the wipers suggested by Giugiaro and not
approved because "too against traditions" from Alfa's men. So, there's not
to be Italian, but as perhaps you don't know that were years very difficult
for sportscar in the entire europe, so they tried to offer something surely
different from the Giulia GT, in line with the '70s experiments and design.
Of course, this wasn't a successful way (being the GT 1800 also expensive,
more than the 2000 GT Veloce) and this car is being appreciated only from
several years here in Italy, without, anyway, too much lovers.