[alfa] Alfetta sedan dash in Alfetta GTV?

I like the chutzpah of the single gauge, the tachometer of course, in
front of the driver. I also like people who think it is, at the very
least, interesting.

I feel it is appropriate on a coupe with an extreme Kamm tail (shades of
TZ1's) and the first use of a De Dion transaxle on an Alfa since, well
since the last 'Alfetta', the '51 single-seater 159 - along with a
transaxle. [Help me here John H. I've studied the neat drawings of the
tipo 159 in Fusi (pages 469 to 481) and can't figure out where the
transmission is for sure but appears to be 'back there' somewhere].

I sometimes pick on the GTV6, but also admit I loved it when I had it -
except for some of the expenses - many self inflicted. The Bosch
injected V6 is almost too civilized and certainly too complicated (for
me). Yeah, did like the power windows and mirrors - and absolutely loved
those comfortable leather seats and the air conditioning, and the...

But, once again, it really is too civilized. They removed the mechanical
'edges' from the Alfetta GT when 'putting the GTV6 together by placing
all of the instruments in the center behind (literally) the steering
wheel, then decided big chunks of thick plastic was just what
Giurgiaro's concept 'needed'. My god! They even put fuzzy stuff on the
door seals. I disagreed the original design needed anything (except
different bumpers) when I owned a GTV6 and obviously continue to do so.
Could pass on the tea tray also.

So, want a wannabe GTV6? Save yourself the trouble and buy one. What's
one more Alfetta GT in the front or back yard to mow around?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA