[alfa] Approved Helmets

Folks,

AROO's track days at Portland Int'l Raceway are very popular (Fall Track Day
October 12!) and of course a helmet is required.  We have recently begun
requiring Snell '90 or later which I believe reflects AROC requirements, and
an old Honda 550 found its way to my ministrations, so I decided to do a
little research and write a story for the website and our newsletter.

Not to blow ones own horn, but for those of you who need a helmet for whatever
reason, you might check the story.  Long and short:  Buy Snell; DOT
"standards" are a bit of a joke.  I did not inquire into European standards
since their sanction is not recognized in Island America, have no idea how
rigorous they may be.

Standard disclaimers, except I admit I think very highly of the Snell Memorial
Foundation, and not much of the US government's relationships with industries
it purports to regulate.

Peace,
Joe Cantrell
Sono lento, ma sono brutto.
'72 Spider PIR slut, fixing to put on her makeup