[alfa] V6 rebuild questions

Oh geez, here goes: So, Milano sprung head gasket leak and it was decided that that needed to be fixed pronto. Last was
fall 2002. Finally got into it late spring 2003. Pulled the heads and "might as welled" a rebuild. New gaskets of
course, guides, seal, valve job, porting heads and trumpets (and some lovely powder coating on cam covers and
trumpets!), valve lash caps and that's done. Phew. OK, so now I look at the cylinders and pistons and think about oil
consumption and pressure. OK, so "might as well" change the rings (to moly-coated Hastings, I think I will like
these... ). Now, as for the bearings - well, here's my problem (finally). The crank's not out yet but the #3 and #4
cylinder con rod big ends show (down to the backing) a whole lot more wear than any of the other bearing sets. So is
this indicative of anything?
Also, does anyone have any idea why there are cavities, or "sumps" if you like, in the heads that seem to store a lot of
dirty oil and do not much of anything useful? If you've ever had a cam cover off, you'll know what I mean - those two
areas bounded by webbing between the head bolts and the cam.

Notes:
These bearing inserts are at extreme opposite ends of the crank;
Could there be a blockage in the oil feed?;
Is this characteristic of the way oil is distributed thru an Alfa V6?;
Could the con rods be distorted (if so, would be only very slight)?;

Should I:
Ignore and just change all the inserts;
Clean out the crank oil passages and replug the plugs;
Have the con rods re-sized;
Put oil restriction orifices in to limit oil going to the heads;
Or What?