[alfa] Fumes in Spider cockpit

Spiders are notorious for fumes in the cockpit with windows rolled up (as well
as other models). What is happening is the fumes are being drawn in from the
rear of the car and being pulled into the trunk and then forward into the
cockpit. If the windows are opened slightly this will compound the problem and
even allow fumes to be drawn along side the car and in.This problem was
addressed by Alfa by pointing the exhaust tip down and low to the ground. The
exception was the Niki Lauda spider had a upswung dual tip exhaust but also
had a spoiler on the tail helping to change the aerodynamics. Having owned a
spider for 25 years I have tried several things with some success.I installed
a new trunk seal and made sure it was sealing all the way around. I also used
plastic sheeting to seal the openings into the trunk and side panels.I also
have a Niki Lauda spoiler on my car and still on occasion will get fumes that
believe it or not come from exhaust coming forward from the rear along side
the car.The best cure for this problem is to simply drive faster but the
tickets then become a nuisance.