[alfa] Humidity in brake fluid

I believe even a closed system like brakes has to have a breather to the atmosphere. Every time you apply and release the brakes a tiny amount of air needs to enter and leave the MC reservoir. To add to that, brake pad wear must be allowed for by air entering the MC reservoir. Humidity in the air is drawn into the brake fluid. I change the brake fluid in my cars at least every four years and often every two years, even though I live in a dry climate. Never had any corrosion in the brake system, anywhere.

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner