Re: [alfa] Accumulator replacement

My accumulator was on super tight too. I rounded off the hex socket trying to remove it. I resorted to using my angle grinder (a file would work too) to make two flats on the outside of the hex socket, and then using an adjustable wrench to spin it loose. Then I got sprayed with brake fluid. Even though my accumulator was crap, and I followed the factory method for relieving the system, there was still pressure inside. I recommend that you put a towel around the base of the accumulator, just in case.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org