Re: [alfa] Talk about Torque

Actually,  it is not lbs/ft,  but pound-foot that is the accurate term for
torque,  the foot-pound is indeed a measurement of work.

"The unit of torque is the pound-foot or ounce-inch. Do not confuse this
with foot-pounds, which is the measurement of work. Many times in referring
to torque, tools are marked in foot-pounds. While this use of foot-pounds
is technically incorrect, common usage has made it acceptable. "

Bruce Blair
Seattle
'78 Spider - red
'73 Spider - red
(Who may or may not have been a physics major  oh so many years ago.)