[alfa] valve regrind and hydraulic tappets?

Continueing the rebuild of my 1.7L Alfa 33 engine, this is the first time
I've worked on heads which have hydraullic tappets. Once I've dismantled
the heads completely I'll perform the regrind, however I'm a little
concerned
with the tappet clearances. Is it safe to assume that the tappets will
automatically
adjust to their new appropriate heights? I've been unable to find any
documentation
on these particular heads (although I've got documentation for nearly every
other
variation of the alfa boxer engine!).

Thanks,
Benjamin (still haven't obtained a 1.7 crank either!)