Re: [alfa] RE: GTV6 fuel pressure

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:00:38 -0400 Shures <shures@domain.elided> wrote:
> To test other Bosch cars (SAAB specifically but others too) I purchased
> a ACRTON fuel pressure gauge at Sears for a reasonable price. You can
> find them online at various tool discounters.  The gauge attaches to a
> standard A/C schrader valve which I purchased from Granger at a cost of
> about $10 for a set of 4 or 6.

...procedure for fitting a schrader valve omitted...

a number of vendors are now producing fittings for SCCA fuel test ports,
and a schrader valve style is common. these ports are basically equivalent
to what you describe, but they're intended for permanent installation in a
race car, and if the quality is any good at all, they shouldn't leak. try
googling for "SCCA Fuel Test Port" and you'll find a vendor or two.

i can't find the vendor that the North Jersy tech guys like, so i'll drop
them a line and see if there's a web page. i remember that the array of
choices from that vendor was quite remarkable.

richard