[alfa] re: GTV V8

I'm not terribly surprised at the numbers. Larry Dickman Jr. of Alfa Parts Exchange owns a Montreal, and he once told me that it's performance wasn't much different from that of a stock GTV-6 and he should know since he has both. The Alfetta, is, I believe, a heavier car than the Montreal but who knows what rear-end ratio this GTV-V8 has. If it has a 4.11 like the GTV-6, I would suspect better performance out of the hole, but if it has the 3.7X like the Milano Verde and some other Alfas over the years, that would surely explain the leisurely 0-60 times.

George Graves

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 12:04 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:00:25 -0400
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] re: GTV V8

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:31:55 +0100
From: Darryl Davis <D.N.Davis@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] GTV V8

The web pages for the new AR 8cC also point to
 Alfetta GTV V8
 http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=110880
 Is this GTV6 with variation of Montreal engine?
 Did it make production?

- -- dd
I believe that was done by the Alfa distributor in Germany, and yes
it's a Montreal engine.  I think they made 20 of them.  (I find it
hard to believe that it takes 9.3s to get to 100km/h though.)
Autodelta was going to build an Alfetta with a lightweight aluminum
chassis and a Montreal engine bored out to 3.0L (the marine version).
That car, the Alfetta GT 3000, never saw production.

- -Joe