[alfa] re: GTV V8

At 4:45 AM +0000 9/10/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:31:55 +0100
From: Darryl Davis <D.N.Davis@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] GTV V8

The web pages for the new AR 8cC also point to
 Alfetta GTV V8
 http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=110880
 Is this GTV6 with variation of Montreal engine?
 Did it make production?

- -- dd
I believe that was done by the Alfa distributor in Germany, and yes it's a Montreal engine. I think they made 20 of them. (I find it hard to believe that it takes 9.3s to get to 100km/h though.) Autodelta was going to build an Alfetta with a lightweight aluminum chassis and a Montreal engine bored out to 3.0L (the marine version). That car, the Alfetta GT 3000, never saw production.

-Joe