[alfa] re: Quarts, pints, litres etc -- alfa-digest V9 #781

John: why half a quart, not a pint?? same # ounces, yes, that's for sure. My thoughts and, yes, I would also say half a quart, are this: oil is sold in USA in quart plastic bottles so one might use a half a bottle, i.e., half a quart for something like filling cam galleys. It is just a language usage thing, not a lack of knowing .5 quart= 1 pint.

Felix Schmidt --