[alfa] Of pints and quarts...

I'd suspect that the reason the original poster used "half a quart" when referencing the amount of oil to pour into the cam galleys is due to the fact that oil is sold in the US by the quart.  Back before platic bottles replaces cans, he easily could have said "pour in a half a can of oil".

As for the tendency for Americans to call an "engine" a "motor", I have definitely noticed a trend towards the correct use of "engine".

- Paul Witek