Re: [alfa] Car dollying

Michael; If I understand the question:

 The only reason I would disconnect the driveshaft is if the car were an
automatic and the rear wheels were to remain in contact with the road during
the tow.  Towing the car backwards with the rear wheels on the dolly will
have no effect on anything mechanical, save for the minute/infinitesimal
risk of damage by running a wheel bearing backward for a long period.

A manual vehicle in neutral will suffer no ill effects.

Most of the auto tranny vehicles I've owned recommend disconnecting the
driveshaft if the tow is going to be more than 10-15 miles to save torque
converter damage (I believe)

Beatle
Oz