Re: [alfa] 'Delrin'

This stuff is used to manufacture non-corrosive hydraulic pipe brackets and
other such things in the aircraft industry.  I think it's use as a
"flexible" medium for bushings would be misplaced.   It's certainly harder
than the 'teflon' used in similar areas.

In a road car suspension context one could say that Delrin has no
flexibility at all and any vibration or shock would be fully transferred to
the surrounding components.  It's properties would approximate bronze with
extra toughness/resiliency.  The stuff we use looks like bakelite, similar
to the seat-rail height bushes on an early Alfetta.
Sure, use it in door hinges and the like, but in suspensions I believe you
would suffer component failures.

Beatle
Oz