[alfa] Re: Polyurethane vs. OEM Rubber Bushings?

In his response to the Poly vs. rubber question, Dave Johnson writes
"At least one performance suspension vendor I spoke to was pushing a new more durable bushing material with the trade name "Delalum" or something similar."

I believe the word your heard is Delrin Dave.  It is a brand name (like Kleenex for facial tissues) for Acetol.  The closest thing I can relate Delrin to for ease of description is plastic.  It is a machinable material that is much harder than most polyeurethene blends (there are many different blends to gain different characteristics), and allows less flex.  I believe it (delrin) is also teflon impregnated, for self lubing characteristics.  Either way, delrin has it's places for bushings (usually best in mount where it is rotation only 1 way, or in 1 plane), but I don't think they'd work well on most alfa applications - especially the rear trailing arm mounts.