[alfa] Ottomatix

George Graves wrote:

'AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION???!!!  "Driving" a car with an automatic is like
"cooking" on an electric range. It CAN be done...'

Sharp disagreement, George. Electric ranges are admittedly the sluggards
of the culinary world, but autoboxes are by no means their equivalent.
In heavy traffic, one foot on the gas and the other on the brake will
slice you through like a sushi chef on Saturday night. Given the choice
of driving through downtown LA at noontime in my 5-speed Milano or my
automatic GMC delivery van, I'm so very glad it's the van I'm driving.
Having a high-placed driving seat helps some, I'll admit, but being able
to two-foot it through the mix of active combatants and clueless
sightseers, without having to worry about stressing the clutch or
stalling the engine, is an exhilarating experience. And it's one I get
to do every working day.

Will Owen