[alfa] Spider hood dents - sad engine mounts?

Hi all,
I just had my spider completely repainted (not just a paint job but an entire
body restoration). I am now determined to prevent my engine from bumping into
the hood when I bottom out. I have done it about three times since I bought
the car and never want to do it again. It happens surprisingly often on crappy
country roads around here.
Are the engine mounts the culprit? Possibly the springs shot? I do have a
sumpguard which has saved the oil pan, but also provides less ground
clearance, causing this issue. I have almost 100K miles.Any advice is
appreciated!

Karl
'91 164L
'95 164LS