new switch solved the problem.

It's a long shot but it has happened!
Gary

ate: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:36:55 +0200
From: "Korolyshyn, Dan Mr. DAC DPW ENGR RESOURCE MGMT BR"
<Dan.Korolyshyn@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: 2nd gear synchro / Slow Shifting / Transmission Care

>>>On another transmission issue, I sometimes have a hard time getting my
Alfa 75 into reverse without grinding, it does have a high idle when
warmed up, about 1,100 rpm.  When it wants to grind I put it into other
gears first like third and fourth and then try to get it into reverse
without grinding and in most cases it works, however, it has happened that
I have just turned off the engine, put it into reverse and then started it
with the clutch depressed to keep it from grinding.  Other days no problem.
Any know what the cause could be?

Dan K.