[alfa] 164 Step motors

Does anybody know why the '94 and newer 164s don't seem to exhibit steppper motor problems? Or do they?

I'm going to pull the dash out of my '95 Q sometime in the near future to re-place all the seals in the a/c vent system (distribution flap gaskets et al) and would like to know if I should put in replacement gears while I'm in there. I have never heard of a 94 or newer 164 exhibiting any problems in this area and my last Q had 100K miles on it when I sold it without a hint of a problem.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Tim Annett
Cincinnati