Re: [alfa] 164 Step motors

My '94 has no such problems w/ 90,000 miles. You would think of course Alfa Romeo / Alfa Lancia Insustriale / FIAT or whomever would have given some attention to this area as they brought out a new / updated model. Perhaps even '93 models have a better gear on their stepper motors.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett

George Washington wrote:

Does anybody know why the '94 and newer 164s don't seem to exhibit steppper motor problems? Or do they?

I'm going to pull the dash out of my '95 Q sometime in the near future to re-place all the seals in the a/c vent system (distribution flap gaskets et al) and would like to know if I should put in replacement gears while I'm in there. I have never heard of a 94 or newer 164 exhibiting any problems in this area and my last Q had 100K miles on it when I sold it without a hint of a problem.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Tim Annett
Cincinnati